GHOSTS OF THE BIBLE
- 930 BC: The Ghost of Samuel
- 1 Samuel 28:3-25
- Israel’s King Saul finds his nation on the verge of war with the Philistines.
- Saul is terrified and seeks God for guidance.
- However, God does not respond to Saul in visions, through the words of prophets or by any other means.
- Saul, therefore, seeks the help of a medium to conjure the spirit of Samuel the prophet, who had been dead and buried years before.
- Saul indeed finds his medium, the so-called “witch” of Endor, who subsequently succeeds in calling forth the spirit of Samuel.
- Samuel then informs Saul that God has torn the kingdom out of his hands, due to his disobedience, thus delivering the kingdom of Israel to David.